Why I Think the Internet is Awesome and Helps us on our Spirituality Journey

Okay so I know what some of you may be thinking Internet and spirituality, nope, I do not see the correlation. Actually I had mentioned the idea for today's blog to my partner Athena yesterday and she gave me a look that said huh? But I think that if you just follow the ideas in this post you may find that you see the similarities between the thought process we use when we begin cruising the different pages of the internet and the feelings we immerse ourselves in when we use our many different practices to tap into source energy.

For me, the practice of prayer and meditation that I use to connect with God/Source energy leads me down a road of infinite possibilities. I almost immediately upon calming myself can find the answer to any questions that have been plaguing my day to day life, resolutions to issues that have been crowding my daily activities or can simply allow to come to me whatever finds its way within my inner sanctum. I have been blessed to come to an understanding that everything I will ever need can be found within this inner space that is interconnected with everything.

Long before I had become familiar with this kingdom inside myself I LOVED the internet. I am an 80's baby so by the 90's the big thing was AOL. I can remember Keenly waiting on my my mom to come home and put in the passwords (we were not allowed to have them). The anticipation built up as I waited to hear those all-too-familiar words "You've got mail" Probably junk maybe a note from a friend who signed on ten minutes before I did, but nonetheless, I was hooked. I began to explore chat rooms that met the confines of the parental settings that were set for me and learned that I could receive messages in seconds from people thousands of miles away, find information on any book that I was supposed to have read, pictures for different projects or entire books on subject matters pertaining to my studies. I learned quickly that nobody felt that far away and no information was that hard to find. Over the years technology advanced and the internet became apart of my everyday life. Through the power of the internet we have the ability to find answers to any question, compare different ideas for ways to solve the problems of our day to day encumbrances, check in on old friends, or peruse through pages of information from different sources with different view points on a range of topics. From the sensation of viral you tube videos to billion dollar internet marketing campaigns, fact is we have tapped into something here that feels eerily familiar and necessary to our every day lives.

I acknowledge the internet is an external source but it amazes me how it operates much like the inner source of our being. Everyday we download, input and export information into this interconnected system. Whether its sending an email uploading an attachment or Publishing a new website, we are acutely aware how important the use of the internet is to our daily lives. When we tap in or log on to the World Wide Web we feel a confidence that we will somehow find what we are looking for. I feel that it is the perfect segue to understanding how source energy works within all of us and connects the All to everything. The spiritual concept in a whole just makes more sense because of the thought process I use daily with this system. In meditation and prayer I find that I am able to feel with in me this same knowing, a certainty that there is an answer, a resolution, a different way of viewing things.

The quest for meaning and understanding persists moment by moment. The progress in my life has come with an instinct to not only "google it" but to "pray and meditate on it" as well. Everything that we do externally we begin to understand is a representation of something happening internally. With that I am thankful for the progress and use of the World Wide Web, I am happy that it has become an essential part of so many of our daily lives. Just as it has assisted in the transition from searching externally to internally a natural progression of my evolution,  I am sure it will offer many others the same confidence to Log in spiritually.

Thank you for allowing me to share!
LOVE & LIGHT

0 comments :

Copyright © 2013 Aloud 2B Free and Blogger Templates - Anime OST .